In 2020, the Committee on Non-Governmental Organization granted Chunhui Children’s Foundation special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council. With 20 years’ commitment to child welfare, the Foundation is one of the few non-governmental organizations awarded such a status.
Consultative status, recognized as an honor from the UN, enables a social organization to actively engage with ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, as well as with the United Nations Secretariat, programs, funds and agencies in a number of ways.
In accordance with the 1996/31 resolution regulated by UN-ECOSOC, an organization with the status is entitled to:
1. Designate official representatives to the United Nations Headquarters in New York and the UN offices in Geneva and Vienna (five to each office)
2. Designate authorized representatives to sit as observers at public meetings of ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies.
3. Submit written statements relevant to the work of the Council on subjects in which these organizations have a special competence. These statements may be circulated by the Secretary-General of the United Nations to the members of the Council.
4. Make oral presentations to the Council
5. Be recommended by a commission of the ECOSOC to undertake studies or investigations, or prepare papers for the commission
As a civil charitable organization, Chunhui Children will step up efforts to bring more loving stories of the children it serves to the international community, and draw on more international resources to help more needy children.